I never really watched Glee,1 even though I’m partial to choreographed pop covers, the occasional Fox programming, and Jane Lynch.2 It’s probably because I’ve got a backlog of TV shows to watch longer than the line at Georgetown Cupcake3 and I try to avoid anything my parents like,4 with the exception of Top Gun.
Anyway, when I heard late last night that star of the show Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room, I obviously figured it was a drug overdose. Dude’s been in and out of rehab and has been very public about his problems, so this seems like a no brainer for those looking to jump to conclusions.
But I’ve got a serious5 rebuttal for that explanation. They’re all saying this guy was 31, yet he was playing a high schooler just a few years ago. He still looks 25, maybe, but he definitely doesn’t look 31. And yeah I know that Hollywood regularly uses actors in their mid 20s to play high schoolers, but this guy is making Andy Milonakis look old.6 Bottom line: There’s no way this dude was on a ton of drugs. No chance a thirty-year old drug addict could play a teenager. Drug addicts look like this.7 Not like this. For all we know those trips to rehab could have been publicity stunts like when Donny Osmond almost faked a drug arrest.
I’m not going to sit here and say that foul play was involved here, but then again I’m absolutely going to say foul play was involved.
UPDATE: My bad, Monteith died of a heroin and alcohol overdose. Can’t be right about everything, I guess.
- Is it stylized “Glee!”? how do you type an “L” made out of a finger and a thumb? Are we off topic already? ↩
- Did you know she was on “The West Wing?” Here’s proof ↩
- I just started House of Cards this week. How is that possible? ↩
- My parents are still watching “Smash” ↩
- Not actually serious ↩
- BTW, if you’re not following Andy Milonakis on Vine, you’re making a mistake. The Three Loco crew are some of the best in the game. ↩
- Or this. Or definitely this. ↩